Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Clean (Organic-Natural) Dupes for Curl Keeper (2017)

Recently a lot of curly girls have been having much better luck with Curl Keeper Original dupes for their curls. What are these dupes, you may be wondering? They're lubricants. A friend of mine, B., wanted me to look further into clean alternatives to the jelly and liquid forms that she's been experimenting with. 

Besides the obvious benefits of cleaner products (less toxins, dermatitis risks, etc.): it's also better to use more natural forms due to the antiseptic chemicals that are in most lubricants. 


I've complied a list of alternatives for both forms. You'll also notice that I supply quite a few links to organic aloe vera gel which can dupe the jelly form. Coarse hair particularly tends to loves natural humectants such as aloe, but not in hyper-excess since succulents have both humectant and protein properties. I have never had issues with products with aloe (as I have had with hops for example), but too much aloe vera juice in my hair can give it a crunchy feeling. Gel forms are less potent, so there's no high risk. However be aware if you notice any dryness issues; similar to hops for instance.

All products below do not contain protein, humectants, are cruelty free and vegan, and are either partially or fully organic.


Sliquid Natural Lubricating Gel Sassy 8.5oz. You can purchase it here

Good Clean Love 4 fl oz. You can purchase it here.


Sliquid H2O Natural Intimate Lubricant 4.20z. You can purchase it here.


Mill Creek, 99% Aloe Vera Gel, 6 fl oz. You can purchase it here.

Lily of the Desert, 99% Aloe Vera Gelly, 12 oz. You can purchase it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting and contributing! I always love to hear your input! I look forward to writing back soon!

Love,
The Nerdy Curly Girl

Anti-Humectant Products: Creams (PF and Protein)

It’s that time again! I’m continuing the humectant free series. On hindsight: I realized that I have never once posted any creams on my blo...